Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Before & After: Side Lot



(before)

Sorry for the negligence.  I've been insanely busy with presentations for work, recording music, and working on the garden.   I did get to snap a few photos the other morning of our efforts over the weekend.  When we moved into the house (almost) 3 years ago, there was a vacant lot next door that was not maintained and belonged to the city.  After a little investigation and a very small sum of money, the lot now belongs to us.  We've done a garden on it the last two years and this year will be the first year we have neighbors that want to get their hands dirty in the garden too.  I'm so thankful for the help and it's a great motivator to get work done. Not only have we been working on tilling the garden and getting the soil ready for planting, but the boys built a fence last week...complete with an arbor (that the girls assembled).  I'm going to plant some jasmine in pots on either side of the arbor and let it grow up and over.  The street appeal is much more pleasing.  Don't you agree?  We have tons of more plans for the side lot, but this is a good start.




















(after)  I didn't even know there were concrete steps and a railing beneath all that brush.



(I love that old railing that's kicked in and rusted.  We painted it bright red two years ago.  I think I'll plant something to grow on it too)

























(better after shot of the arbor)

No comments:

Post a Comment